- Highest degree of transparency achieved depending on needs perceived by users
- Most extensive use of open data
- Most innovatively developed process
CONDITIONSCandidates must be entities or public sector organizations or consortia with a preponderance of public bodies or private organizations dedicated to transparency in the public domain.
CRITERIA Individual in public office who has done the most for promoting open data and transparency ideals. CONDITION Must raise awareness on open data Must openly advocate the main principles of Open Data.
CRITERIA Must demonstrate scientific/academic impact Can be from any academic branch including the humanities and medicine Level of innovation in performed research The involvement in the study of people outside the scientific scope CONDITIONS Must involve academic product (publications e.g.) and these must be released under an open license Direct authors will be awarded as well as the parent entity They can belong to public or private institution
- The use of open data to make administration more efficient
- The extensive use of open data in your region/municipality
- Must be ranked top 5 on the Local Open Data Index (ranking list for municipalities and regions, based on the level of openess)
CRITERIA Creative use of data for creating stories and visualizations Good interpretation and selection of key data Providing the conditions for others to become data journalists CONDITIONS You must make use of open data The product must be licensed under open license
CRITERIA The involvement of citizens (quantity and quality) and results achieved on it The extensive use of open data The sustainability and efficient use of resources CONDITIONS 1. Must be launched by entities in the public domain. In case of public and private participation, public has to be the most relevant.
- Technological innovation used
- Revenue generated against the resources invested
- Includes open data, open hardware, etc.
- Must make extensive use of open data
- It cannot belong to public sector entity nor be a non-profit.
- Must demonstrate the (at least initial) creation of a sustainable business model (direct or indirect revenues)